Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Celebrity = Role model?


Ok, so here's the thing. I'm sure you have all heard about the comments India Aarie made about Lady Gaga's "Telephone" video, featuring Beyonce. If you haven't click here.

So this is my thing. Everyone has an opinion. That's cool. My only problem with her opinion was the whole "social responsibility" part. Like seriously, Celebrity's are not here to raise your children. They are here to entertain and make movies or music. The key word is ENTERTAIN. Lady Gaga shouldn't be anyones role model. And I personally feel like it's the parents job to explain to them the difference between TV and real life. I never saw something on television and was like "I want to be this person." But that's because my parents raised me to be well aware that TV was for entertainment. Acting is ACTING. And Artist put on persona's to sell albums. It's not REAL. And if its that serious then goddamnit they should only watch the Disney channel. If that is even an excuse because those children grow up to. What is your beloved role model seeking child going to do when Hannah Montana starts fucking Zac Efron. I guess it will be Miley's fault when your daughter gets pregnant at 14.

Lil Wayne said it best.

"If you need a role model, then you shouldn't have been born."

The real issue should be these grown ass women dressing like Nicki Minaj thinking that shit is cute. You look a flop and a fool ma am. And EVERYONE is laughing at you!

P.S. At the end of India's little opinion, She mentioned the little girl who said her favorite artist were Beyonce and Lady Gaga. India, shut up with that stupid lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment