Sunday, December 6, 2009

MUSIC: RIHANNA RATED R

Ok, so I'll be completely honest here. I'm not your biggest Rihanna fan. I liked a FEW of her singles on Good Girl Gone Bad. "Take a Bow" "Rehab" "Disturbia" "Live your life" and that song with Ne-yo she had. All were nice singles. Shes a singles artist. So i thought. But for the most part, i just think she's eye candy. Her fashion sense is sick and that face is beat to the Gods.

So of course i was kinda iffy about this album. When "Russian Roulette" came out i was like OK, this is cool. But not enough to make me want to spend my coins on the girl. Then i heard "Hard" and "Wait your turn" and was like OK i'm not feeling this at all.

So when the album leaked of course i downloaded it. Turns out, the album is fucking amazing. I mean i NEVER thought i would like an entire Rihanna album. But she's grown so much. The album is so mature. Songs like "Cold Case Love", "Stupid in love", and "Photographs" let you know exactly how shes feeling about that relationship situation she was in. And then her songs like "G4L", "Rude Boy", and "Rockstar 101" let you know that she's doing EXACTLY what the fuck she wants to do. This is Rihanna. This album is who she is! Not everyone is going to like it. She says whatever she wants on her interviews now. She curses like a sailor. I love it. I love when artist come into themselves and don't play the safe role. It lets you know their is some "depth" to them.

My Favorites:
Cold Case Love
Photographs
FireBomb

No comments:

Post a Comment