Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Gonna Be An Uncle!




Ya know, I didn't always like Beyonce.

Back when Destiny's Child 1st came out I was actually a fan of the little short one with the red hair. I can't remember her name. I'm sure you can't either. I liked the group. I thought they were all cool in they're own way. I've always had a thing for girl groups. TLC's Fan Mail was the 1st album I've ever purchased with my own money. From 3LW, Total, 702, and even the Spice Girls. I liked them all. Except Cherish. Gross.

Anyway, when the 2 girls got booted out of the group i immediately blamed Beyonce. Her father was the manager. She was clearly the "leader" of the group. And in interviews, she was very um...not friendly. She interrupted the other girls when they spoke, rolled her eyes way to often, and was always smacking on some gum like it was her last meal. We know you was eating girl. Look at that Bootylicious video. You was WELL FED.

Then the Crazy In Love video came out. I was like..."Hmm...i can dig this." I started to feel her. I loved her and Jay-Z's version of Bonnie and Clyde. She looked amazing in the video. Then that Pepsi commercial with her little shorts. Ok Bey...i see you. When "Dangerously In Love" dropped I became a FAN. She had so many songs that spoke to me. I still listen to "Me Myself and I" every other day. I went and saw her, Missy, and Alicia Keys on they're Women's Tour and everything. I liked her.

I hated her 2nd album. I know, I'm probably the only person in the world who didn't like Bday. I didn't care for many of the videos either. It just didn't move me much. The pop Beyonce didn't really do anything for me. I mean NOTHING.

Then one Essence night I happened to go, and Beyonce happened to be there. The Beyonce Experience. That night changed everything.

Now let me say this. I've never been a Stan for anyone. Ever. I've always liked certain artist alot, but I've never felt like "Oh Myy God when i see them I'm going to cry." I was a huge Aaliyah fan, and i still remember the day she died like it was yesterday, but even then i didn't shed tears.

When Beyonce stepped onto that stage glistening, hair bigger then Gabby Sidibe's arms, thighs like a thorough breed Clydesdale, with abs of a track star, belting out Crazy In Love singing and dancing at the same time...such a rush came over my body i thought i was going to literally..faint. I'd never in my life....sigh.... you get my point.

That was the night I went from FAN..to full blown gun slinging, will CUSS you out and fight you like I haven't know you for years STAN.

Needless to say, since I follow Beyonce's every move, I announced last week on Twitter that she was pregnant, and i was just waiting for the announcement to be mad. She on the night of the MTV awards when she threw that mic down, opened up her Dolce and Gabana blazer, and proudly revealed her bun in the oven (and yes I cried a little) , everyone wanted to know HOW I knew. Well here is how...

1. On July 17th, Beyonce got sick and couldn't finish her ITV show. She got sick. Everybody knows Beyonce is barely human, and never gets sick.

2. She's been clearly been distracted this go around. Ever since "4" dropped Beyonce has been kind of "distracted". I'm sure part is due to her the Manager issues, but I knew it was deeper.

3. The few times she has sang live she's been looking a tad bit exhausted. When she was on the Jimmy Fallon show a few weeks ago, exhausting (Beyonce doesn't get tired) and..a slight buldge in her tight white dress.


4. The rush of the tapping of 4 videos. While everyone thought she was doing this for a video Anthology, I didn't think so. You can't dance to many of the songs on this album so why do a video Anthology? She was doing it because she's going to be out of commision for a while and needs to still some kind of way, promote her album and singles that she will drop over the next 9 months.

5. At the Intimate 4 Intimate Nights at Roseland, she barely danced. She only danced to Single Ladies (which at this point she could do in her sleep), End of Time & Run The World. The fact that no new choreography was done for Countdown was clearly a red flag. And...she was guarding her belly the entire time.

6. The thing that confirmed ANY suspicion I had was when she announced that she was indeed participating in the Tribute to Michael Jackson which will happen shortly. Except she would be there via satellite. Say what? Because you will be where Ms Girl? Last time I checked your calendar (which is daily) you didn't have anything lined up to prevent you from physically being there. Oh yea, except for a baby that you haven't announced yet. I see right through you Honey Bee. Big weave n all.

So...I'm gonna be an Uncle! Congrats Beyonce!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm very happy for her. I hope she bounces back. Not really looking like it with everyone else's track record. We shall see come 2013...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO @ you saying "I'm gonna be a an uncle", lol. I know we don't see each other every day like we used to, but just know I pop my head in and read ur blog every here and there. Love u bunches!! Miss u too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks B!

    @Drew...I'm kind of eager to see where her career will go from here to..

    ReplyDelete