Monday, October 11, 2010

Yes, I am judging you.

Judgmental: Inclined to make judgments, especially moral or personal ones

I sat on twitter the other day, and watched my friends joke with someone, back and forth, who I just don’t see it for. So, naturally, I began to run down all the reasons in my mind why this person just disgusted me in such a way. Then I realized something....I’m Judgmental. My friends had been telling me this for a while now, so it’s not like I hadn’t heard it before. I just never agreed.


There are just certain people, who I would rather not be associated with. For whatever the reason, have it be class, the company they keep, or just their attitude in general, I don’t want to be associated with them. I write them off, and simply act as if they don’t exist. I judge them, and then I pray that everyone associated with ME does the same.

There is no real way to justify this. Because I do believe being judgmental is a bad character trait. But I can’t help it. All I can do is explain it.

People are judged by the company they keep. Guilty by association is real. And to be completely honest, it’s true. And if it’s not, then you take the time out of your life to test the theory. I won’t. If you hang with a bunch of thieves, I’m going to assume you’re a thief. And yes, I’m judging you. If you hang with a group of delusional buffoons, it’s only fair to assume you’re a delusional buffoon. So yes, I’m judging you, and I want nothing to do with you. And I’m more then sure, people feel the exact same way about me and my group of friends. We are all grouped together.

Now a few things I don’t judge are relationship decisions. I’ve done things in my relationship that I’m more then sure are worth severe scrutiny. So I can’t judge. And I know that when emotions are involved, all logical decisions go out of the window. People feel before they think. Now I may not take or ask advice from you based the decisions that you’ve made, but the same is said for the decisions I’ve made in my relationship. You may not feel I’m the strongest “adviser” either. Which, to be real, I’m probably not. Like I said in my Relationship 101 post, it’s your relationship, make your own rules, and do what works for you. And I’ll do the same. We don’t have to compare.

What I find myself judging the most about though, is simply common sense decisions, which that of so many people clearly choose to ignore. And then have the audacity to be shocked and appalled with the usual bad results. We are adults now. We aren’t teenagers anymore. The trail and error period is over. You live, and you learn. If you are living and not learning, then what the shit are you doing? You know what is good for you and what is not. You simply choose to ignore it, and hope for the best. And it’s fine to think like that….in a fantasy world. But in the real world, you should usually go with your 1st mind. Call me insensitive, call me judgmental, call me what you want. But if you choose to touch a hot stove, then you better nurse your own wounds. I’m not here to condone your foolish decisions, and to catch you when you fall down. That’s life. When we know better, we do better. Or at least we should, and if you don’t…well…I’m judging you. And to be honest, I don’t see how someone couldn’t judge someone who chooses to make foolish decisions. You can always argue “Well Jonathan, that’s your opinion.” But the thing is, there is Universal understanding of what is good for you, and what is bad. That universal understanding is called COMMON SENSE. Some people have it, and some people CLEARLY do not. And I always tell people this when they say it’s your “opinion”, when my opinions and theories stop turning into FACTS, then I’ll stop giving them. Until then, I’m going to go with my god given sense, while you choose not to. You can go with yours, and choose to be dumb. And again, YES, I’m judging you.


And you completely reserve the right, to judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment