Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lets Talk About Kimberly Kardashian.



Exactly 72 Days ago my beloved Kimberly Noelle Kardashian had one of the most gigantic, over the top, expensive (20 million to be exact) weddings the world has ever seen. Because it happened so quick, and was such short notice, I couldn't attend. But in true Kimberly Kardashian style, it was broken up into a 2 day, 4 hour special which aired on E! Kim Kardashian's Fairy Tale Wedding.

As excited and filled with joy for my friend I was... I didn't watch it.

But I heard it was everything, and more. Duh. As much as I love my Armenian Barbie, I have ADD. I can't sit through 4 hours of ANYTHING, let alone wedding planning, Kris Jenner's face lift, and Kris Humphrie's sarcastic none-funny jokes. The little of it I did watch, was completely exhausting. I caught the wedding, and the 3 dress changes. Those were the important parts.

Of course everyone on twitter, the land where everyone's opinion is fact, was outraged when Kim got engaged.

"She's just wants to be loved!"

"She just wants to be married!"

"She's a hoe!"

"She's fake!"

I personally, never understood what was so far fetched about a 30 year old woman, at the peak of her VERY successful career, wanting to get married, and starting a family. But I guess most 30 year old successful single women wouldn't want that. Hmph.

Ironically, all the people who we're doing all the judging and what not, where tuned in for the 2 day, 4 hour special. Some funny characters yall are.

Well exactly 72 days after one of the most gigantic, over the top, expensive weddings the world has ever seen, took place....Kimberly filed for divorce. *weeps*

I think the only person who had a worst October 31st then Kim K was probably....myself.

Because everyone knows that Kim and I go as far back as the birth of Jesus....my inbox pretty much EXPLODED when the news erupted:

"I told you so"

"Well Jonathan, what do you think it was going to happen?" And that was just on twitter and FB.

Even my mother called me...

"Jay, I know this is going to be hard. But you know things just happen"

When I walked through the doors at work...everyone stopped and looked at me like they had been talking about me. And then I heard one of them whisper "Who's going to ask him?"

-sigh-

It was a long day. The trending topics. The embarrassment. All the ugly people feeling like they've won because Kim was getting a divorce. I wanted to cry like the Tyra Banks show was coming back on air. It was a catastrophe. I showed my support the best I could.





So what do I think? Well here it is. Do I think the wedding was a sham? No I don't. I think that in Kim Kardashian's mind she really thought that this was going to work. Now, I don't think she was in love with Kris. I do think she was in love with the idea of love, and getting married. Which is completely normal. You and I both have seen people try to make relationships work that CLEARLY...aren't meant to be. I think we could tell by the show that Kris Humphries was a tad bit difficult. He wasn't a "go with the flow" kind of guy like Reggie Bush was. He had an opinion about everything, even when it wasn't needed. He couldn't dress. He IS unemployed. And by Hollywood standards.... he's poor. Reports are saying they broke up because he wanted to move to Minnesota and she wanted to stay in NY/ LA for work. And I believe it. Who the fuck wants to live in Minnesota? I think Kim knew it wouldn't work a long time ago. But like MANY of us have done, she tried to make it work. She's just doing it in the public eye. I believed her when she said she didn't want to disappoint people.

People also have to look at her family and back round. Kris Jenner and Bruce married after 5 months of dating. They've been married for 20 years. Khloe and Lamar were dating for a WEEK before they were engaged, and married a month later. They're still going strong. So I know alot of people thought it was fake, because it was so soon. But in they're world, I seems to be fairly common. Scott and Kourtney have been together the longest, and from what I've read and heard they're relationship is actually the fake one. They said they've been broken up even before Mason was born. You know they know everything.

Now truth be told, it's reality TV. I do go back and forth with whether Kim really did this just for ratings, or if she really thought it would work. We know that much of their life is fabricated for television. Because that IS reality TV. But if it were just for TV, I think that for the sake of TV and her viewers, she would have stayed married longer. That's what makes me think this was a little more personal. I'm sure they knew that they would get negative press for this divorce being so soon. But all press IS good press for the Kardashians. People are going to tune in for her first tell all interview. She will make her media rounds. And we know if she doesn't do anything, she WILL find a way to make money off of this.

So maybe it was real. Maybe it was fake. We'll never know until one of those Kardashian's crack one day and go crazy and spill all their secrets. And when one of them does..i'll be front and center.

What irritates me most, is that people sit around and judge like they wouldn't DIE to live Kim Kardashian's life. Like they wouldn't do this if given the opportunity. The fact of the matter is this, Kim Kardashian gets paid millions on top of millions of dollars because she is beautiful. For no other reason. She capitalizes off of the worlds shallowness, and your mad at her for it? If given the chance to make a living off of taking pictures and endorsing products that you probably never use, YOU WOULD TAKE IT, and I'm not going to believe anything different. She's not famous only because of a simple sex tape. The sex tape was TERRIBLE! She's famous because she was a gorgeous girl ON a sex tape. So many celebrities have released sex tapes and it's not NOTHING for their career. Yet Kim was able to sell hers for 1 MILLION dollars and build and empire..and your mad? If anyone can do what Kim Kardashian does, then go try it and see. I'll wait.

Until then...the fact still remains, even with this divorce hooplah...Kim is still winning. She made $17.9 million off of a $20 million wedding she didn't pay a dime for. She made more then most pop stars and athletes make, on JUST her wedding. That's not even what she made from all of her endorsements, appearances, and tv shows she does. So while yall are laughing and tweeting away criticizing her and what not, she's laughing all the way to the bank. And she's still prettier then you. And you'll still be mad, when she gets married again next year, and gets another lump sum of millions.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Jay. I told you how long it would last. She was so not into that dude she wanted a wedding which isn't bad. I just noticed people with nothing want everyone to have nothing. =So hence the backlash, look how they did Jlo and Elizabeth Taylor, they both bounced back.

    ReplyDelete