Saturday, December 25, 2010

New Years Resolution.



Yesterday as I sat in my cubicle at work on Christmas Eve, I listened (only listen, never speak) to my co-worker's all talk about how Tyler Perry just couldn't be gay because he was a "Man of God". Then they followed that with if he was gay he was surely going to hell. Now mind you these 3 women, all have multiple children, have never been married and are currently living with some man who may or may not be their baby daddy. Before I could begin to rip my ears from my head in disgust, they changed the subject. Thank God. To you know what? How ugly Beyonce is. I clearly, can't win for loosing.

So right before i was about to add them to my "The Crazies" List i realized something. It hit me right there, harder then Ike hit Tina.

"Jonathan, you've taken 2 psychology classes. TWO! Your not a fucking psychologist. Just because you can't wrap your mind around how ridiculous some people's opinions may appear to be, doesn't mean their crazy."

Well ain't that some shit. I've always tried to over analyze everything and everyone. Why people think the way they do. Why people do the things they do. Why people make such careless decisions when the consequences are clear as Ricky Martin's sexual preference. Well, my New Year's Resolution is to STOP. Stop over thinking everything and trying to understand everyone. Because your not. Your not going to understand everything!

Your not going to understand why people lie about things they have no reason to lie about.

Your not going to understand why people are so sneaky and vile.

Your not going to understand the concept of jealousy.

Your not going to understand how someone could stay awake during a Keri Hilson performance.

Your not going to understand why some people who are average everyday common folk think....they're a celebrity.

Your not going to understand how bad someone's eyes have to be to make a comment like "Precious is beautiful." And then keep a straight face.

Your not going to understand why children cry for no reason in public places, and the parents act like they don't hear it, but look at you crazy when you give them a look like "BITCH! YOUR CHILD'S CRYING IS RUINING MY LIFE!"

Your not going to understand why the guy on the motorcycle yesterday drove behind you flashing his high beams off and on for 10 minutes before you slammed on the breaks and he flew off the road into City Park somewhere.

Your not going to understand why girls are STILL, two years after Single Ladies came out, wearing leotards to the club like its an outfit. (BTW, Beyonce called. She's mortified.)

Your not going to understand why Rihanna won't look in the mirror and realize that red clown hair is absolutely wretched. And it's even more wretched, on these girls who they try to mimic it.

Your not going to understand why Amerii is still trying.

Your not going to understand why people would think it's OK for Mike Vick to have a dog. Um, HELLO!

Your not going to understand how OJ Simpson killed Nicole, and got away with it, then wrote a book about how he got away with it, and STILL has gotten away with it.

I digress.

This list could go on for days. So I'm done. I'm done trying to make sense of everything. All I'm going to do is drive myself mad. And I've already got a few marbles missing, Lord knows i need the few i have left. I'm just going to take Tupac's advice.





A friend (who actually got her psychology degree) told me the other day

"Crazy people think everyone else is crazy."

And it makes a whole lot of sense. Got that Kanye?

1 comment:

  1. LMAO! I don't even know where to begin but these are your resolutions.

    Somethings we just won't understand. Remember we had this conversation before. That's just life...

    ReplyDelete