Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Bad Guy


In any and every movie the good guy always wins. Thats a given. It's not difficult to understand why the good guy is "good". You never ask people why they do whats right. Why are they so nice. It's easy. It goes without question. People are nice, because its the right thing to do. Right? Well the good guy always bores me. They never require any character development. They are simply good. Theres never any depth to their character. Unless you count the fact that their probably in love with the some other characterless character in the movie.

Now the Villain is the one that often holds my interest. I'm a person who always longs to understand the logic behind people's actions. Why was the Joker so evil in The Dark Knight? Why was the Wicked Witch of the West so wicked in The Wizard of Oz? Why was Scar so jealous of his brother in The Lion King? I'm sure these Villains have a rather interesting story worth telling to explain why they are so villainous. But we never see that part. We just see the finished product. The result. Besides, people aren't born evil or cruel. We all start out innocent. With a clean slate. Everyone is the way they are for a reason.


As a person who is OFTEN misunderstood (for some reason,which i'll never know- i think i make myself quite clear most of the time), i often can always relate to the Villain. If i were the Hero, i would probably be bad at it. I don't care enough about the next person. Unless its a friend, love or family (immediate family at that) I would always have to stop and ask myself

"If the tables were turned, would this person be risking their life for me?"

And we all know that most likely, the answer would be

"No"

So..um yea, fuck you. Why waste my energy and God given talent on someone who wouldn't do the same for me? Because its right? Because its good? Because your friendly? Hmph.

My ALL time favorite (and misunderstood) Villains would have to be Miranda Presley and Regina George. I still don't know why Miranda is considered "The Devil" in "The Devil Wears Prada". I simply think that Miranda was aware of her position. She had a job to do. And you better do it to the best of your ability. In 5 inch heels. And if you CAN'T, then quit! There are a million other girls that would take the job in a heart beat! I don't see the problem! If Miranda did it on her rise to the top, why should she expect anything less from the people under her?

And as for Regina. Regina was just a real ass bitch. If your skirt was ugly, then she told you. You look a fool and you cannot sit with us today. Period. She laid it all out of the table from the beginning. No apologies. She looked flawless everyday, effortlessly. Why can't you? And if you can't, then go sit with the other uglies and nobodies. Go be regular. Basic. Normal. Irrelevant.
She herself was probably a better friend then most females today. Your girlfriends probably let you walk out the house looking any kind of way, and then laugh at you behind your back. Not Regina. She told you right then and there, you look a fugly mess. And would make fun of you to your face, not behind your back. I have so much more respect for someone who is real and honest. Even if its brutally honest, its honesty none the less. Something that most people in this world couldn't provide you with, even if you paid them to.

I guess i'm just a mean devil that wears Gucci. I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment